Fall doesn’t just bring us pumpkins it also brings us apples. I love trying new recipes that go along with the season so here is one I wanted to share because who does not enjoy pancakes especially on a cool fall morning!
2 cups of regular or gluten free rolled oats
1 egg or flax egg
3/4c milk of choice
1 apple (recommend gala)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 T pure maple syrup
1 T oil (canola or melted coconut oil)
1/8 tsp sea salt
- In a food processor or a high powered blender, process oats until a flour consistency
- Transfer flour to a mixing bowl
- In a blender, add all the other ingredients. Blend until smooth and combined.
- Add the flour to the mixture and pulse or mix to combine. ( You can also pour the mixture into a bowl with the flour and stir to combine)
- Pour desired amount for each pancake over a griddle or pan at about medium or medium high heat.
- Heat until bubbles form around the edges and then flip.
- Cook to desired golden brown.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Remember eating healthy does not need to be boring! Try new things and see that you can still enjoy good food while making better choices!