Have you heard of Chia Seeds? Do you know how much nutrients are in only 2 tablespoons?
Two tablespoons of Chia Seeds contain:
- 64% more potassium than banana
- 2x the antioxidants of blueberries
- 41% of your daily fiber
- 100% more omega-3 than salmon
- 5x more calcium than milk
- 3x more iron than spinach
- 32% of your daily magnesium
- 20% protein
Nutritional facts: 138 calories, 9g fat, 12g carbs, 4.7g protein. So, despite their size, chia seeds are one of the most nutritious foods on the planet.
Chia seeds are also a whole grain food, usually grown organically. They are also non-GMO and naturally free of gluten.
Try adding some chia seeds in your smoothies, on top of cereal, yogurt, salads, rice dishes or vegetables to help boost your nutritional values. Easy way to help meet your macros!!